Project M

UPDATED download links on December 8, 2015 after Project M officially ceased development.

Project M is an incredible mod for Super Smash Bros. Brawl for the Wii which changes the gameplay to more closely resemble its more competitive, more skill-based, and faster predecessor, Super Smash Bros. Melee. Even though Project M is designed to be played on a genuine Wii console, it is possible to run Project M on the Dolphin Wii emulator on your Windows, Mac OS X, or Linux computer!

Downloads

To begin, you will need to download the following files (Note that some of these programs are Windows-only):

Installing and Configuring Project M

1. Begin by unzipping Dolphin somewhere on your hard drive, i.e. “C:\Games\Dolphin”
  2. Move your Super Smash Bros. Brawl NTSC ISO to a directory such as “C:\Games\Dolphin\ISOs”
  3. Run Dolphin.exe and set up the emulator to your liking.

These next steps assume you have run and set up your personal preferences within Dolphin, including settings such as controller mapping (I use an Xbox 360 controller), video options, and sound options.

1. Extract the contents of “Dolphin-SDCard-Maker.zip” somewhere on your hard drive, i.e. “C:\Games\Dolphin\Tools\Dolphin SD Card Maker”
  2. Run EasyDolphinSDCard Maker.exe.
    1. Under “SD Card Size,” select a size of at least “1 GB.” I selected 2GB here.
    2. Click “Make virtual SDcard.”SD Card Maker
    3. Click OK on the dialog box that appears after a few seconds.
    4. A file called “sd.raw” will appear in your SD Card Maker directory.
  3. Extract the contents of Project M (likely “homebrew.zip”) somewhere on your hard drive, i.e. “C:\Games\Dolphin\Tools\Project M”
  4. InstallandrunWinImage.
    1. Click “File,” then “Open.”
    2. Navigate to your SD Card Maker directory.
    3. Double click “sd.raw.”
    4. Click “Image,” then “Inject a Folder.”
    5. Navigate to the folder where you extracted homebrew.zip. The correct folder likely contains the folders “apps,” “codes,” and “projectm,” depending on the version of Project: M you have downloaded. Press OK.
    6. Click “File,” then “Save.”
    7. Close WinImage
    8. Copy “sd.raw” to “<Your My Documents Folder>/Dolphin Emulator/Wii/”.
    9. For OS X users: The sd.raw file goes into “/Users/<Your User Folder>/Library/Application Support/Dolphin/Wii”. The library folder is hidden. If you can’t find it, you’ll need to go into terminal and type: “defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE” without quotes. To hide the folders again, simply type FALSE at the end instead.
  5. Extract the contents of the Gecko ZIP (likely “gecko1931.zip”) somewhere on your hard drive, i.e. “C:\Games\Dolphin\Tools\Gecko1931”
  6. Open Dolphin.
    1. Right-click “Super Smash Bros. Brawl” in your ISO list and select “Set as default ISO.” (If you don’t have Super Smash Bros. Brawl in your ISO list, make sure you have your ISO directory configured correctly within Dolphin.)
    2. Click “Config” at the top of the Dolphin window.
    3. Click the “Wii” tab at the top of this window.
    4. Check the box to the left of “Insert SD Card.”
    5. Press OK.
    6. Click the “Open” button at the top left of the Dolphin window.
    7. Navigate to your Gecko1931 directory.
    8. Double click the “Gecko1931” folder, then the “HBC” folder, then the “Gecko1931” folder.
    9. Double click “boot.elf.”boot.elf
    10. Press “OK” on the dialog box that likely appears.
  7. If you’ve done everything correctly so far, you’ll be inside Gecko OS. Note that you will not see the Project M logo inside Gecko, as recent versions of Project M have removed this background image.
  8. You will only have to do the following step once (Every other time you’ll be able to open the Gecko .ELF and press Start Game). Note that you must configure GCPad controls within Dolphin to be able to navigate within Gecko:
    1. Press Down on your D-Pad and press A when you have selected “Config Options.”
    2. Scroll down to “Gecko Hook Type” and press Right on your D-Pad until you see “VBI.” You shouldn’t have to touch any of the other options.
    3. Scroll down to “Save Config” and press A. Press B to return to the main Gecko OS screen.
  9. Scroll to “Start Game” and press A.

That’s it! If you’ve done everything correctly, you should be playing Project M. Enjoy!

Note that if you see a screen that tells you that you don’t have enough space left in the Wii System Memory, you can do one of two things: 1. Continue playing without saving, or 2. Download an NTSC Brawl save without custom stages from the Internet (or just download one from me by clicking here – make sure you unpack it first), open Dolphin –> “Tools” menu –> “Import Wii Save” –> Browse to the downloaded save and open it.

A friendly Reddit user by the name of beefforyou has posted a great tip on /r/SSBPM: After you have entered the “Versus” menu and changed the match options to suit your needs, save the emulator’s state by invoking the “Emulation” –> “Save State” –> “Slot One” menu option within Dolphin, or by pressing Shift + F1. Later, you can simply press F1 after starting emulation, and your game will be ready to play. Thanks, Beef!

Please leave a comment below if this tutorial helped you out or if you require assistance. I have verified these instructions multiple times – if you’re still having trouble getting Project: M working using Dolphin, please verify you have properly completed all of the above steps!

Posted in Gaming
1,234 comments on “Tutorial: Project M 3.6 (Super Smash Bros. Brawl Mod) on the Dolphin Wii Emulator v4.0.2
  1. Alonso Matos says:

it worked like a charm in dolphin 5,0 final release!
    Thanks for the tutorial i’ll have some hours of happiness now!! 🙂

2. Hexa says:

it does not work for me, after i press play game the brawl logo comes up and its just regular brawl

3. Fox McCloud says:

I just have only one problem.

Every time I play Project M for 5 Minutes, the game keeps crashing without any reason. What should I do?

Btw, I kept playing after saving it. Does the saving the game caused it to crash the game?

4. Hey Zach, can you upload the “apps” and “codes” folder?
    I’ve tried to download the Homebrew zip file twice, but it’s still giving me the projectm folder and the gameconfig.txt only. No apps and codes folder at all.

5. Anders says:

After I have set up everything and adjusted the settings in gecko, when I select and press launch game, the screen that says ‘setting up drivers’ goes on forever

6. SMR_99 says:

I have Project M EX on my Project M but for some reason when I go to the character select screen there’s no characters at all and then I went to the Events Mode but their stock icons are circles instead of their faces. Plus Dolphin is really laggy and choppy and for some reason the Gecko boot.elf doesn’t work when I put the boot configuration to AxNextFrame, it says it can’t read the Sd Codes and plays Normal Brawl and then I don’t do anything to the configuration and it says it found the Sd codes but it plays Regular Brawl. I have to use the Project M bootelf. WHATS GOING ON!!!!!?????

7. Chris says:

Mine says I need IOS 36 when I go to launch the game. Help!

8. Smash Boy says:

Help. After Gecko and launching the game, I get an annoying “Unable to access write address and a bunch of numbers and letters then Dolphin crashes (using 5.0 here). Any idea why the Hell this happens? I’m using Brawl to load PM. Help.

• Zach says:

Please use the version of Dolphin specified in the guide — I haven’t tested any future versions, and, unfortunately, I cannot provide any support for versions not specified in the guide.

9. Caqwand says:

My Gecko just says “Setting Up Drive…” for endless amounts of time and then never does anything

10. Zeska says:

Hi!
    I have a problem on step 7.2
    After i navigated to the sd maker folder, sd.raw doesn’t show up in the winimage programm. Do you know how to fix that?

Thanks in advance!

11. jose says:

When i play the game, it just read 1 control
    ¿How can i solve it ?

12. help? win image isnt making folders. when injecting. but putting all files on the image as whole. not into their respected folders. what causes this?? modding is useless now.

13. Mystletaynn says:

Hi, was just havng a couple of issues starting the game.

Most everything loaded fine, up until the save file steps. I am getting prompted to create a new save, where it tells me I don’t have enough space to create one. However, I did download your save file from your listed link. I unpacked the .zip file, Import Wii Save, and opened the data.bin file, and it seemed to work, but it ended up not changing anything, so I’m currently stuck there. Any tips? Do I need to somehow unpack the .bin file (and if so, please let me know how)? Declining everything and not creating a save file gives me an unmodified empty save file of Brawl, and not Project M (which I assume has to do with not saving the game whatsoever and therefore having custom stages).

Also, if I want to modify the contents of the Project M data in the SD card, I assume I would have to create a new SD.raw file, correct? I have no intentions of using this for netplay, and I’ve modded it on console before.

Thanks!

• Zach says:

Hi, Mystletaynn. It sounds like something bigger is wrong with the way you installed Project: M. Even if you tell the game not to create a new save, it should still boot into Project: M. Did you have any specific issues following the steps in the guide?

14. Desmond Hui says:

When I Launch once it goes to the intro, 1st frame I get a error message of disc cannot be read (I got the iso by cleanrip)

15. m1nn3n1m4r says:

Project m freezes upon entering the css. How do I fix this?

16. CJ Stewart says:

Hi! I hope this is still active. When I run my copy, it opens to a black screen. What do?

My PC’s specs are fine. I’m running v4.0.2 NTSC version of SSBB.

Dolphin Screen – https://postimg.org/image/62godni9z/
    Raw contents of sd – https://postimg.org/image/dwf2l4kch/
    Path for SD card – https://postimg.org/image/4ka4ymkxt/

17. BiLLeh says:

Whenever the character selection screen is meant to open, the game crashes. How do I fix this?

• Zach says:

Do you get the Project: M splash screen, or the regular Brawl one?

• Anthony says:

Hey I had the same problem and now when I try to launch it through gecko it just loads up the regular version of brawl

18. dean says:

I did everything in the video and my pc’s specs are fine, but all that loads is a black screen… help?

19. Tian says:

Dolphin keeps crashing whenever I’m playing, any reason? On Win. 8 – Not overheating at all or anything like that.

20. Abtin says:

Small problem: I did everything in the guide, but when I clicked “Launch Game”, Gecko just loaded Brawl. I’m using Dolphin 4.0-7840 and the NSTC version of Brawl.
    Oh, and there already was a sd.raw file in /Dolphin Emulator/Wii/, do I need to replace it?

• Zach says:

Please use Dolphin 4.0.2, as stated in the guide. Make a backup of the existing sd.raw in case it’s needed; I don’t think it should be necessary.

21. Ayush Garg says:

Thanks Zach, it works great on the development builds

22. Goodude says:

I did all the steps properly, but just sent me to regular brawl! Keep in mind I have already played Brawl and had a save on the computer :/

23. SupahSanik says:

It says it is going over the amount of lines of code for me.

24. Okay a video of this would help because I’m dumb and cannot get this stuff to work. If there is a video out there of this method please let me know.

25. Buddercraft85 says:

PLEASE HELP!!!! when i go into winimage and i go to file and open i go to my dolphin sdcard maker folder but there’s nothing in there!!

26. if it doesnt play project m: dont forget to copy the sd.raw to the dolphin document!!!

27. sky says:

Whenever I run the game it plays as brawl, I think I did all the steps properly. Can you help?

28. Luke says:

Everything works fine but only shows bomberman??

29. Ampharos 2.0 says:

help, i did everything and it still doesnt work 4 me!

30. Animedude5555 says:

I got all the way through that, and got everything set up as you said, and when I click the Launch Game button, the Gecko loader displays this error:
    This Game Requires IOS 36
    IOS Not Found on Disk

I know the ISO is not corrupt, as SSBB launches correctly when just running the game directly. Therefore the SSBB ISO obviously DOES contain IOS 36. Or does this error mean that Project M (but not the normal SSBB) requires IOS 36? If this is the case, it could be that I have the too-small ISO. I have the ISO that’s about 4GB in size. The full ISO is closer to 8GB in size. The 4GB ISO has had all of the virtual console demo games removed. Do I need the full 8GB ISO for this Project M to work?

31. Animedude5555 says:

I see what was wrong with it now. There’s 3 links to the hackless version (2 standard links, and 1 torrent link). There’s 2 links to the homebrew version (1 standard link, and 1 torrent link). It appears that the homebrew version (as required by your tutorial) is corrupt on the standard link. The Zip file from the standard link is only 405 megabytes. The Zip file from the torrent however, is 595 megabytes.The larger one is the correct one.

This also changes another part of your tutorial. When creating an SD card file, 512 megabytes as a minimum is no longer sufficient. You now need at least 1 gigabyte for the SD card file.

Hopefully you can mirror the working version of the Zip file from the torrent, on a site like Mediafire or Mega, and then post the working download link to the file sharing site here in an updated version of your tutorial. Also you’ll need to change your tutorial to state that a gigabyte is the minimum size needed for the SD card file. Please fix your tutorial as soon as possible, so that others don’t go wasting their time trying to figure out why the Zip file was corrupt like I did, before I finally gave up on the standard download link and decided to download it from the torrent.

32. Animedude5555 says:

The HomeBrew version of Project M comes in a CORRUPT Zip file. I’ve downloaded it TWICE, and I’ve tried opening it with both the built in Windows Zip file opener, and also 7Zip. NEITHER will open it. It is BROKEN. However the one that does NOT require a hacked Wii, comes in a perfectly working Zip file.

Maybe you can provide instructions on how to use the non-hack version of Project M in the Dolphin Emulator. I’m giving up on ever being able to get actual working copy of the HomeBrew version of the Zip file from the link you used.

33. Collin9476 says:

PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO SET BRAWL ISO AS DEFAULT ON DOLPHIN.

You could have the NTSC Brawl ISO. You could have deleted and reinstalled graphics card drivers, Project M files, the Dolphin Emulator, and Gecko like I did and waste a couple of hours on it.

But Gecko will still be stuck on “Setting up drive…”

Gecko will only load PM if Brawl is set as default ISO. Simple setting, but 1 is not equal to 0.

Please don’t forget like I did.

34. Zoned says:

Probably me just be stupid, but I can’t open/extract the Project M .zip file (error: Windows cannot open the folder. The Compressed (zipped) Folder ‘[file destination].zip’ is invalid.

I’m currently running Windows 10 Home, 64bit. Thanks in advance!

35. Parker says:

I did everything but when I go into the game Brawl is seen and not Project M. Yes, I tried going to stage builder but it’s just the same. Please someone help.

• Parker says:

Also just played Brawl and it is laggy.

• Parker says:

Nevermind. Looked up different ways and stuff so now I got PM.

• MegaBigb says:

What exactly did you do to fix it? Because that’s the exact problem I’m having and I can’t seem to fix it! Thanks in advance!

36. Gear says:

it keeps saying in Gecko that there is no codes to be found

37. Adnan Zaben says:

I followed your instructions but it opens brawl when i click on launch game. Please help

• V.S says:

1. Make sure that in Dolphin > Options > Configure > Wii [Insert SD Card] is enabled before setting up Gecko OS.

2. Once in Gecko OS make sure that it saves your configuration once you enable the VBI hook. When you press Start game is sound say the following ‘Codes Found’.

If you do not receive that message when starting the game then it is not injecting any codes to turn Brawl into Project M. – SLJR.

• Davis says:

insert sd card is active, gecko hook type is vbi, config is saved, and it still says sd codes are not to be found;
        dolphin 4.0.2
        project m 3.6 homebrew downloaded from torrent link
        brawl iso set as defult iso
        windows 10 64-bit amd a6-4400m apu with radeon
        do i need to “enable cheats” in config>general?

• Zach says:

Thanks for all the info. No, I don’t think you don’t need to enable cheats. For a bit more confirmation that you’ve done everything correctly, could you please send me a screenshot of your main Dolphin window including the title bar? A screenshot of your sd.raw’s contents and location would be helpful as well.

38. Elliot says:

I followed all the instructions and i got this error, cant find a fix anywhere. Anyone know how to fix it?

IOCTL_ES_LAUNCH: Game tried to reload a title that is not available in your NAND dump TitleID 0000000100000002. Dolphin will likely hang now.

39. AvidFan says:

I’m running the Netplay version of PM-3.6 on my Mac, and it works fine except for just one thing – Netplay is designed specifically NOT to allow the use of Wiimotes, Motion+ or otherwise. Does this method provide a workaround for that?

• Zach says:

I’m not sure, sorry. Let us know if you find out.

• TechReviewZ says:

Using a modded dolphin because other dolphins are too laggy like 4.0.2 i followed your instructions but still not helpful also i want a legit answer not What are your PC’s specs? Which version of Dolphin are you using? Are you using an NTSC or PAL version of SSBB? For a bit more confirmation that you’ve done everything correctly, could you please send me a screenshot of your main Dolphin window including the title bar? A screenshot of your sd.raw’s contents and location would be helpful as well.

the only thing i can say about that is i use NTSC version

• Zach says:

If you want a legit answer, you have to answer all of those questions first. You aren’t providing me with enough information to help you.

• Lurker says:

Resync your wii remotes once project m loads, gecko.elf desyncs them

40. Dude says:

I crash every time I do a match. I installed it correctly (I think) and whenever I complete a match a “challenger approaches” and it crashes at that screen or after the match. Using Dolphin 4.0 (Problem?) on Windows 8.1 x64

41. leonpopo says:

I’m having issues with dolphin i guess, when i run Gecko and select to launch the game after all the setups Dolphin sends some messages like this one:
    -BackPatch: currently only supporting reads / attempted to write to 52534249
    What should i do?

42. ryder says:

i followed everything but when loading the game through gecko it says no sd was found

43. InstaREKT says:

Yo, this guide really helped. I actually had a modded Wii with E4.3, but unfortunately, it’s…well, *E*4.3, which meant I couldn’t play the game. Thanks to this guide my beefy computer can run it! Uhh, but there’s two problems I’m having.

The first is that setting Brawl to the standard ISO does nothing. I have to click File and then Change Disc… each time I load up Gecko. Why is that a burden, you may be wondering. Well, that’s because I have crashed for no reason. I figured out through several crashes that it’s Dual Core that causes it, but I can’t seem to find a way to disable Dual Core without Gecko crashing on startup. Any clues on how to fix that?

• Zach says:

Super glad to hear this!

Which version of Dolphin are you using?

• jon johnson says:

Hey, thanks so much for the guide. Unfortunately I can’t get it to work, as soon as I boot the game from the launch screen in Gecko, my game freezes on the screen that says, “Online Interactions not rated by ESRB”, but occasionally it will freeze before or after that. I’ve gone through the tutorial twice now and I can’t get it going. Any help is appreciated

• Zach says:

Which version of Dolphin are you using?

• jon johnson says:

Dolphin 4.0.2

• Zach says:

Are you using an NTSC or PAL version of SSBB? This sounds like it could be an ISO issue.

Also, what are your PC’s specs?

• jon johnson says:

Its an NTSC, and I have a 2.2 GHz Intel Core i5 Processor, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM, and onboard Intel HD Graphics 5500.

• Zach says:

Your computer might be fast enough. At this point, I’m not sure what to tell you. I encourage you to comb through the comments on this post and look at what’s solved issues for others. I assure you that going through the guide exactly will make things work.

44. legowego says:

I seem to be having an issue with setting this up. Up until now, my mods have been working just fine, and they loaded up every time. However, something weird has been occurring: All the codes have been functioning properly, but for some reason, none of my custom Brawl files are loading. For example, the code to reorder the character and stage select screens function correctly, but the replaced stages and their icons appear as the vanilla Brawl defaults. This goes for custom movesets, music, etc. I checked the Dolphin log, and it does seem to be looking for the files, but it comes up with something like “File Read (SD): Open failed (/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/system/common2.pac)”, and loads from the DVD instead. Any ideas?

45. Daniel Brown says:

Great tutorial! It was really clear and noob-friendly, too. I’m from New Zealand(part of the PAL region) so I haven’t been able to play this game. But now I can, in part because of you! So thank you! I’m having so much fun with this game and I’ve barely even started!

46. malistaticy says:

Hello, good guide! I found someone on youtube who did all of this and said he is pulling his info from an article, I assume its this one.

Anyway, I have an issue that seems to have yet to been resolved, doing this only launches vanilla brawl. It’s not too important should I have to deal with netplay, but to install new custom characters and stages means having to COMPLETELY build the iso over again everytime, and I want to try the virtual sd card method. I am using dolphin 4.0-8256, and the latest gecko, sdcard maker, and winimage as of 12/1/2015.

My sd card is located at C:\Users\Me\Documents\Dolphin Emulator\Wii, however, I have reason to believe it is not related to the virtual sd card as gecko states that the codes were found and applied, and I can confirm this because vanilla brawl has all characters unlocked and freecam is enabled.

If it helps, not even the launcher that comes with project m launches itself, only vanilla as well
    Best wishes, Malistaticy

• Zach says:

Thanks, Malistaticy! Do you have a link to the video you’re talking about?

As the guide states, please use Dolphin v4.0.2. I believe switching to that version of Dolphin will solve your problem. If not, please let me know.

47. Fernando says:

It worked perfect for me except for i cant run, though it was a controller configuration problem but in ssbb (no PM) my controller works perfectly

48. allurisk maxwell says:

where can you find the ssbb iso?

49. zk says:

Hi, I’m very new to this and I had a few questions. I apologize in advance if it’s stupid but I’ve been reading for days now and still don’t understand.
    1. I have noticed a version which offers Netplay where the installation is much cleaner, not requiring Gecko nor an SD card. What is the difference between the Netplay version and this one other than online functionality? Is the game exactly the same, and can I use the Netplay version offline?
    2. Is there a method to make a Project M ISO? What I mean by this is to take the original NTSC ROM and use an ISO builder or something to make a Project M ISO which has click and play functionality in Dolphin. Something that doesn’t require SD cards or Gecko.

• Zach says:

No problem! I wish I could answer your questions. Unfortunately, I don’t know the answer to Question 1. I know that such a method of installation exists, but the method I outline in this guide is so simple that I’ve never tried using it. As for your second question, yes, there is a way to do that. Again, because this guide’s method is so straightforward, I haven’t had the need to use an ISO builder, but I know it’s possible.

• Alex Jones says:

It’s probably late af but nonethaless, heres a response!
      1: The netplay version is used only on dolphin and you basically lose not much. You lose alternate Stages, and more music. that’s about it and i dont reccomend using netplay offline.
      2:Yes, I reccomend going too http://smashladder.com and if you go into there PM chat it shows you the link too a guide similar too this one.

50. PM player says:

super helpful. I spent probably 2 hours trying to find out how to do this watching youtube videos and reading other articles, and they never worked even after I tried many times. I was left frustrated with a sore head, but this one is super baller and worked the first try, and is super simple. Thanks for this!

• Zach says:

YAY! Super glad to hear this. Thanks so much for your comment. I made this guide due to similar personal frustrations. Have fun!!!

51. tkhilk says:

I followed everything as layed out and it still boots vanilla brawl after selecting launch game in the gecko menu. Not sure whats wrong.

• Alex Jones says:

Make sure you if you go into Config > Wii > SD Card insert make sure that’s on. Also, right click the brawl ISO and make that the default ISO

52. Ashton says:

I did everything correctly and PM was working well in all, but I opened regular Brawl one day and PM won’t load anymore

53. lyralovesc4 says:

Hello, when I start up brawl through geko I’m getting “no SD code” and it loads up regular brawl. Is my sd.raw in the wrong spot? or is it something else?

54. Tyler O'Neill says:

I have the SD card in My Documents>Dolphin Emulator>Wii, I have brawl set as my default iso, I checked “import SD card” I did all the configuration settings in Gecko OS, but every time I try to boot it up it still boots up vanilla Brawl. I’ve tried everything and so far no luck. It keeps saying “No SD codes found”

• Zach says:

Which version of Dolphin are you using? Please send me a screenshot of your sd.raw location as well as your sd.raw contents within WinImage.

55. Tom says:

Hey man just followed the guide and got to the Gecko step and realized v4.0.2 apparently doesn’t recognize my gamecube controller. I know the Brawl version is correct because I have PM netplay and that works as well as my controller in v4.0-7161. I’m using the mayflash gamecube controller to usb adapter. I tried changing the device from the default to the various mayflash’s which didnt work. Im also using one of nintendo’s new gc controllers for smash so I’m no sure if that has something to do with it. I also made sure in the options that only one controller was turned on and the wiimotes were disabled. Good guide otherwise thanks for the help

• Zach says:

What do you mean by 4.0.2 “doesn’t recognize my gamecube controller”? Do you mean that it doesn’t show up in the dropdown list of input devices? Could you please send a screenshot of that?

• Tom says:

No when I start the emulator it doesn’t recognize any of my inputs. And when I use my mayflash adapter and gamecube controller on v4.0-7161 it works fine so I don’t think it’s the equipment. I’ve tried plugging it to player 1-4 and selecting different device inputs but nothing seems to work on that end. Here’s a screenshot of what my gc config looks like. Thanks for the help and no biggie if this doesn’t work I can always just use the netplay build.

• Zach says:

And that’s the case even when you properly map the controls in that menu? I noticed that they’re currently unmapped.

If that doesn’t work, I’m sorry, I don’t know how to help 🙁

• Alex Jones says:

I had a similar problem but with a 3rd party controller. What i did too fix it is look up a program called Zadig and get that. Follow the guide on http://smashladder.com and that fixed it for me.

56. Erik says:

Hi, I believe I have done every step correctly; however, when I try to launch the game from Gecko, I am told “This game requires IOS 36. 36 not found on disc”. I am using Dolphin 4.0.2 and P:M 3.6

• Zach says:

Are you sure you’re using Dolphin v4.0.2? The “IOS” is not required with more recent versions of Dolphin. If you’re sure, for a bit more confirmation that you’ve done everything correctly, could you please send me a screenshot of your main Dolphin window including the title bar? A screenshot of your sd.raw’s contents and location would be helpful as well.

57. cvl25 says:

I’m using OS X, but since we I need to use 4.0.2. to load the iso, which there isn’t a mac download for, what version of dolphin should I use?

58. 1qaz2wsx says:

It’s unpractical because a lot of people play where I install this, and I’d like to avoid a sudden change.

After searching a bit I see that there’s and option for Gecko codes in the game properties, I’ll try messing with that when I have the time.

59. Ash10 says:

So i been having an issue trying to load the game after doing step 11 i get an error that displays “Cant Read from DVD plugin – DVD interface: Fatal Error” im using Dolphin 5.0 Currently-rc-27 …Please help

60. 1qaz2wsx says:

Ok, just to be sure, this is the only method that allows alternate stages, correct? And it requires opening the game via Gecko every time?

If that’s the case then it’s really a shame, as I find Gecko very unpractical. Even worse now that the iso builder replaces the music with questionable ones. Oh man, this is going to be annoying.

• Zach says:

What about Gecko do you find impractical?

With a little searching, you can find out how to add Gecko to Dolphin’s game list, making launching P:M a single button press away.

61. Sean McMuffin says:

I did everything correctly. I downloaded the right version of dolphin, put the SD card in the right place, everything. And it only ends up loading Brawl in the end.

• Sean McMuffin says:

It was the “gameconfig.txt” which I needed. Which you didn’t state was needed. I suggest you update the post for this, because I saw this issue in the comment section already.

• Zach says:

In Step 6, the guide very clearly states that you need to extract the entire contents of the Project M zip file to somewhere on your hard drive. In Step 7.5, the guide states that you must then inject that entire folder into your SD.raw file. Additionally, the screenshot of WinImage in step 7.5 very clearly displays the existence of “gameconfig.txt” inside SD.raw.

In any case, I’m glad you got it working. Enjoy!

62. George says:

Im sure i did everything exactly like you said and when i launch game with gecko os it almost starts i see the pm screen but i get this error: Unable to resolve write address 41524310 PC 510

63. nelson calderon says:

hey um ok so i am in the project menu but it doesnt load up it just turns into a black screen and nothing happens

64. Zeen says:

so I tried following your instructions but when i open boot.elf it says
    Game Id: RSBE01
    Codes error: Too many codes
    8041 Lines Found, 424 Lines allowed
    Im not sure what this means so if you can reply then that would be amazing, thanks.

• Zeen says:

also, I have tried this on dolphin 4.02 as well as 4.0-5821 and they both do not work in this reply I will post the pictures of the steps i followed
      1.) I have everything extracted here
      2.)here I have made the sd.raw
      3.) I did the whole winima90 thing here
      4.)I dont believe i Put this in the wrong directory
      5.) It is a brawl iso
      6.) I got the correct boot.elf I assume
      7.) uh…. huh I took a bunch of fraps pictures as I was re doing the whole process but its working now. So you can ignore all of this, thanks anyways

65. Wee12314 says:

For some reason it doesn’t work. I followed all the steps properly, but I still get Brawl instead of Project M

66. stonebrood says:

So the game was working perfectly fine and now for some reason when I try booting Project M it just causes Dolphin to crash
    I was playing it without a problem 5 days ago and it was working fine this morning but now it causes Dolphin to not respond. Any ideas? Should I just re install it?

67. Fainean says:

It says “no sd codes found” when i start the game.. i have already double checked if i have the data on the virtual sd.. what could be the problem?

68. Ray says:

So everything works fine, but my music does seem to have static in it. Do you know what could be wrong? It’s not the copy of smash I know that for sure.

• Zach says:

Try playing around with Dolphin’s Audio settings. Unfortunately, that’s the only suggestion I have for you right now. Audio in Project: M on Dolphin has had some issues over the years.

• Alex Jones says:

That happens if dolphin’s load is too heavy since PM is a very graphic heavy game. I reccomend going into the Gecko settings and changing the hooktype. If its set on AXNetFrame then idk but if its not, then put it on that.

69. A Guy says:

what do you use to open the boot.elf?

70. Devin Stevens says:

I have done what the guide has said but when I got to launch the game it says no DVD found even with Brawl as my default iso. Any ideas on how to fix that?

71. Colin says:

Hey I’m having an issue where whenever I run the iso in dolphin it shows the title screen then the screen with the url but crashes after that displaying this:
    What should I do?

• Zach says:

You are using the incorrect version of Dolphin. You need to use version 4.0.2. Please re-read the guide and follow all steps exactly.

• Clos says:

if you get a message when startingthe game with gecko for 1st time that says “Setting up driver…” but then even if you wait nothing happens what could be the problem? the version of Dolphin is 4.0 I think

72. griddori says:

I seem to have done something wrong, I guess.
    Whenever I run the boot.elf and click “Launch Game” It just starts normal SSBB
    and nothing has broken or given me an error, and I check the guide at least 4 times now just reading through where I might have messed up, But nothing seems wrong.
    So I need help…

• griddori says:

That’s Dolphin Main window and sd.raw location

And my Copy of the Brawl ISO is NTSC
        Dolphin is 4.02

PC Specs:
        Windows 7 Ultimate
        4 Processors: Intel Core i5-4430 CPU @ 3.00 GHz
        RAM: 8.00 GB
        64-bit Operating System

• Zach says:

Your sd.raw file is in the incorrect spot. Please re-read the entire guide, following every step exactly. Let me know if you have any questions about any step. Specifically, look at step 7.8 for the location of sd.raw.

73. Gus Glasheen says:

I followed every step and I have done this right once before but I tried to install the netplay version of PM so I uninstalled this one and the netplay one didn’t work so I tried to install this again and it just loads brawl P.S. my sd.raw is in the right directory

• Zach says:

If you’ve done this right once before, what did you do differently this time? Which directory is your sd.raw in?

74. Greg says:

Hi Zach, I’m wondering if you could help me out with this. I’ve followed the guide to precise measures, I believe, and I get up to launching the game when I get thrown an error. “Error: No DVD Found” This displays in Gecko, I’m using 3.6 Full, and the specified Dolphin version.

75. cillianflood says:

Everything’s good until I’m using winimage. Eventually it says a bunch of pcs cannot be injected because the image is full. Do I need to use a bigger SD card? I used 512 one like advised.

• Zach says:

Have you tried a bigger virtual SD card, like 2GB? If that doesn’t work, something else is wrong, and we can try other things.

76. DatOneGuy says:

What do I set my dvd root on?

77. Rob Ge says:

I’ve followed every step here so many times but when I run the boot.elf and the launch the game, it says “No SD codes found”. I downloaded everything from the links you posted, my Brawl ISO is from the USA version, but it seems to not work for me.

78. cheez says:

i cant find an iso of brawl. pls halp?

79. SED HEP says:

So i when i was using winimage, the SD.raw file wasnt showing up, so i made the sd file open by default in winimage, then when i was done (not knowing what type of file it was) made it open defaultly wiht java platform SE binary. I think this is why my game isnt working. Brawl runs fine, but i am unable to launch Project m… Please help

80. fiddles says:

It works pretty well but it keeps on crashing as I go in the smash screen.

81. dirteedees says:

dolphin 4.0.2
    winimg 9.0

um how do post img

82. This worked for me. Thank you very much!

83. dirteedees says:

Hello I have a problem as well I have followed the setup to a t but when I open the boot.elf file it just starts up brawl. I have the virtural sd card in the wii folder tha’ts in the sys folder of dolphin and I have injected the pm file into the vsd. I have a good iso and brawl iso is set a default. Soo idk where the problem could be coming from.

84. AaronEA says:

Hello, I got this working the first time but when I open the boot.elf from Gecko and select launch it choose to run brawl and not project M. Is there a different way to rerun this?

85. john smith says:

TL:DR Just successfully set this up on Windows 10 64bit for anyone concerned.

used 64bit dolphin and winimage, same versions in article, 4.0.2 dolphin and 9.0 winimage – gecko1931 and sdcard maker both also worked.

86. Shane says:

So, Project M 3.6 now has its own “boot.elf” folder and I use that instead of Gecko since it works. But, after I launch the game, the launcher does not go to Brawl like Gecko does. And, speaking of Gecko, all that does is go to Brawl. Followed the steps exactly as you said, though had to create a “Wii” folder to put the “sd.raw” file into. Aside from that, all of it was pretty much as you explained, but Project M launcher will not launch Project M nor does Gecko do so.

• Shane says:

Alright, never mind. I found the actual “Wii” folder in the “Sys” folder. However, now it just stays on “Setting up drive..” for Gecko and still has no response on the Project M launcher.

This was also after I put Dolphin into the “My Documents” folder as that was believed to be the correct folder for newer versions of the emulator. If it says “Setting up drive..” then that means that it must be working now, though.

But, is there a way to just do this with the Project M launcher instead?

• Shane says:

Never mind…again. Forgot to check “Set as default ISO” after relocating it. Turns out, I got the “No SD Codes Found” error now and Gecko, once again, boots to Brawl with no modification whatsoever.

• Zach says:

It sounds like you’ve slapped a ton of bandaids on your installation of Dolphin and configuration of P: M. I’d recommend completely starting over and following the guide from the beginning.

First of all, don’t install Dolphin to your My Documents folder. Once you run Dolphin for the first time, it’ll create a folder in My Documents called “Dolphin”.

87. Wavekid says:

Hello.
    I already know my issue. I didn’t make Brawl the default ISO. I’m new to this emulator stuff so please bear with me.
    I did download Brawl (from an unfamiliar source) and it works fine. I’m actually playing it right now. It runs great. I downloaded everything required from the links you provided, I did the steps perfect; but as I said, Brawl is not my default ISO.

My issue is, I CAN’T make it the default ISO. If you wouldn’t mind clicking the Gyazo link to see my picture example, I think this would help explain. http://gyazo.com/ddedde2919298b3c6fb686d0d3e95ed4
    I can’t get Brawl to show up here in Dolphin, so I can’t get the option to right click to make it my default ISO.

This is what my Brawl “ISO” file looks like. Again, I’m able to play it fine, it runs great; but it doesn’t show up in Dolphin.

Would you happen to know a fix to this? Is there a place you suggest I download Brawl from?
    Thank you.

• Zach says:

Your ISO is probably totally fine. It looks like you don’t have the ISO in the correct directory.

Open Dolphin, go to Options, then Configure, then the Paths directory. Move your Brawl ISO to the directory listed there. If there isn’t one, add one. Then it’ll show up in the list.

Have fun!

88. Omar Kamal says:

Hello, i followed the steps correctly, but i got the ios 36 error, so i looked at the comments and fixed it with NUS downloader, and then started Gecko i got an error saying dolphin may hang,but in the main menu there was only 4 options:launch,config,about,exit, when i launched the game, it asked for a new save, and when i got the character selection screen, the game hangs after seconds, thank you.

• Omar Kamal says:

Just a note, am using Dolphin 3.5-1124 because all newer versions have extreme choppiness in sound and is a bit laggier.

• Zach says:

Sorry, I can’t help you if you’re using other versions of Dolphin. You should be able to improve performance in Dolphin 4.0.2 by tweaking the settings.

89. Gekke D says:

Hi guys! I had a heap of trouble getting P:M to work. Followed every instruction to the letter, got multiple versions of Dolphin, P:M and SSBB. Turns out my CPU Emulator Engine was set to JITIL Recompiler instead of just JIT. I set it to JIT Recompiler and voila, it worked! Perhaps a few of you can check their settings to see if they have the same problem and fix it :D!

90. Christopher says:

Hello,

I’ve done every step accordingly, and everything goes perfect just until i’m about to go to the tittle screen. It says something about a warning with

“IOCTL_ES LAUNCH: Game tried to reload a tittle that is not available in your NAND dunp
    TittleID 0000000100000002.
    Dolphin will likely hang now.”

I’ve made sure every step was done right, i’ve tried reccommendations from the other comments posted in the past that were related, but I still can’t find the reason why the message shows up, mainly after the loading screen of the game already started. Please help. Thanks in advance.

• Zach says:

I’m sorry that Project: M on Dolphin isn’t working for you, but you must have missed a step or done something incorrectly. This guide works if you follow every step exactly. You should start over, go back through the guide once more, read it very carefully, and follow every step exactly. Please let me know if there is a step you don’t understand. Do not skip any steps.

• Christopher says:

You could see all of those things here. Please take a look and see if anything there is what’s wrong! http://1drv.ms/1Gg9EzV

• Zach says:

You’re not using the correct version of Dolphin. Please re-read the guide and follow every step exactly. You need to be using Version 4.0.2 of Dolphin. When you switch versions, your Wii directory will also change locations.

Also, your computer may not be fast enough to run Dolphin at full speed.

91. Datlisk says:

Hi, whenever I download a new version of Dolphin, I don’t know what it does exactly, but every time I try to play PM on the older version it no longer boots to the gecko screen, and has a PM launcher instead, after coming up with some error about HLE emulation, and trying LLE emulation if it’s homebrew. Continuing with either emulation option and pressing play on the menu leads me to a message saying “Dolphin will now hang” then I get a black screen.
    It definitely only happens after I download a new dolphin version, as it’s happened twice now.
    The only current solution I have is deleting everything and reinstalling which sucks.
    Any help?

• Zach says:

My solution is simple: Use a version of Dolphin that you know works. Don’t update Dolphin unless you have a reason to do so.

92. asadasdasd says:

when the gecko os screen loads up i cannot move up or down, so i can only select launch game…

• Zach says:

Please send me a screenshot of your input settings within Dolphin.

• Jomi says:

I did all the steps corrently but then when i launch the game it just loads up brawl normaly

• Lyle Drake says:

Game ID: RSBE01
            Codes Error: Too Many Codes
            7180 Lines Found, 424 Lines Allowed

This happens whenever i have ‘insert SD card’ ticked.I have the same problem; brawl works, not a hint of projectM.

• Lyle Drake says:

OH OH OH make sure you include the gameconfig.txt file in the sd card! That increases the codes limit. i did not know that five minutes ago.

93. Conner O'Donnell says:

Hey, I completed all of the steps in this tutorial, and have one problem. Gecko works fine, and it said I saved my config options, and when i go to start the game, it says: “Setting Up Drive..
    “Reading DVD Stats..” I don’t know if it is supposed to take a long time or not, but it seems like it should get right to PM. Any help? Thanks!

• Zach says:

That means you must have done something wrong. Did you set Brawl as your default ISO? If not, I’ll just copy and paste my boilerplate reply, because I need more information to help you out.

94. Booce says:

Whenever Gecko finishes loading up project M and the Project M load screen comes up, it says “DVDLowRead: _BufferOut == 0” Help?

• B says:

Hey there,

I’ve followed your guide completely accurately, made sure I did every step, and every time I try to load Project M up it is stuck on the Gecko OS screen. No keyboard keys work, and I’ve tried plugging in my Xbox PC controller, just can’t get past the screen. If I press enter it shuts the whole thing down with an error.

Really appreciate the help!

95. David Montoya says:

Whenever I open up the game it either shows the original Wii strap screen, or crashes whenever it goes by.

• James says:

I also have been having this issue. After reading through a couples other comments, I can assure you that the sd file is in the correct location and I did download the NTSC Brawl. So far the only difference I have noticed was my sd file is named “sd” not “sd.raw”. Other than that, I’m lost. Any other tips?

• James says:

Scratch that comment, I figured it out.

Btw you are a saint for helping people on this for so long.

• Zach says:

Glad you figured it out. Have fun!

Thank you so much for that comment – it means a lot to me :).

• AT says:

I got Project M to load, but the audio for some songs is completely messed up. What did I do wrong?

• Zach says:

Probably nothing. What are the specs of your computer? I encourage you to play around with the Audio tab in Dolphin’s settings.

• This does not work for me!

96. r says:

did all the steps but after launching from gecko its just normal brawl no project m

97. Matt says:

Hey – so I followed all of your steps and everything seems to have been installed, created, copied, etc. properly. However, I’m having issues once the game actually starts up. The first thing I notice is in the character selection screen. I am unable to see the alternate costumes for any of the characters. All I can see is their name and a blank space where the character portrait should be. Apart from that, once I get to the map selection screen and select a map the game will just stop running. The FPS meter drops to 0 and nothing happens.

Specs:

Windows 7 Home
    Dell XPS L502X
    Intel Core i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz
    RAM: 4GB (3.90 GB usable)
    Graphics Card: GeForce GT 525M (Total available graphics: 2763MB and 1GB of DDR3 Dedicated VRAM)
    64-bit OS

Dolphin: 4.0.2
    Gecko: 1.9.3.1

I tried running Brawl on its own and it works great so I’m quite confident it’s not the ISO. I’m also using PM version 3.5.

If I’m missing any information, please let me know.

• Zach says:

Thanks for your detailed info. That is extremely strange. Your laptop isn’t the most powerful, so your problems may be due to your laptop’s low system specs. Are you sure your Project: M download is complete and not corrupt?

• Matt says:

As far as I know it downloaded fully and unzipped completely. Is there any method of checking or should I just re-download it and make a new sd card? I could always download an older version of M to see if that makes a difference I guess.

98. stonebrood says:

I follow the steps and when I try launching the game from Gecko OS I get “Error: No DVD found”. Any suggestions?

99. raintusk says:

if new version of Project M got released , on which step should i beggin with ??

• Zach says:

Great question. If a new version of Project: M is released, start with step 6. You will just have to create a new sd.raw file with the new version.

100. Adisa says:

What happens is that my emulated GC controller doesn’t work on the Gecko screen.

101. josh says:

Are there any free alternatives to winimage to use when inserting the contents of the folder/zip into the virtual sd card? I’m not really willing to pay $30 for winimage and I’ve already used the free trial before.

• Zach says:

Sorry, not that I’m aware of!

• Kye of the Sea says:

My understanding is that WinImage is just a simple disk image editor. There are a number of free image editors out there, the most popular I believe is Daemon Tools. zi personally have used PowerISO many times in the past. The nice thing about WinImage is it’s super lightweight, but the other two should do the job, and then some.

Note that I haven’t tried to use them for the purposes of this tutorial, but they should work. Should.

• Kye of the Sea says:

Update: PowerISO does work. I don’t plan on testing with Daemon Tools. All you have to consider is that when in the open file dialog box, you must select “All Files” under file types. After all, .raw is a rather unusual file extension.

Also, ignore the message that opens when you run the unpaid version. There is no time limit, and no restrictions, only a five second delay to close the dialog. It is, for all intents and purposes, the full program.

102. Harrison says:

Awesome guide, thanks! Everything works great but I was wondering if there is a shorter way of opening PM without going through the whole “open” process. I read through some comments but it seems that the WAD file you uploaded doesn’t open PM. When I click the WAD file, it shows the gecko menu but says it’s missing ISO 36 or something. Any way to fix it?

• Zach says:

To download and install IOS 36, you’ll need NUS Downloader. Use NUS downloader to download the latest version of IOS36, pack it into a WAD, then use Dolphin’s “Tools” –> “Install WAD” menu option to install that WAD file.

If you need more help or clarification than that, you’re likely better off just using the regular “open” process. Just do something like put a shortcut to the Gecko file on your desktop for easy access.

103. Ronald says:

Hi , i did everything right in this tutorial , but when i press load game it’ll load but not project M , it’ll just load up the original game . Please help

• Zach says:

• Try disabling the Enable Cheats option in Config if it’s enabled.

• Kye of the Sea says:

Might have the same issue I had. Make SURE that the “Wii NAND root” path set in Dolphin is actually pointing to where it should. Mine was pointing to a directory dolphin had created on the C drive, not the documents folder.

104. Hermes says:

On step 7.5, it says that the Project M folder should most likely have the folders “apps”, “codes” and “projectm”. However, the one I downloaded (yes, I downloaded the Full Set version) has the folders “launch” and “pf”. Will that change anything I have to do to install Project M?

• Zach says:

Yes, you extracted the wrong folder to your sd.raw file.

Inside Project: M’s homebrew.zip file, there are three folders and one file: an “apps” folder, a “codes” folder, a “projectm” folder, and a “gameconfig.txt” file. You extracted the CONTENTS of the “projectm” folder, when you should have extracted the entire contents of the homebrew.zip file.

105. Ben says:

Hi, I’m having trouble installing Project M. I followed each of your steps one by one but when I launched the game, it says “No SD codes found.” I looked online and found someone saying to rename the GCT file in the codes folder from RSBE01.GCT to RSBP01.GCT. I did that, and the game says “SD Codes Found. Applying.” However, it is now stuck on this screen and will not “apply.” Do you happen to know what is my problem? Thanks in advance.

106. JazawaToad says:

I’m having an issue. I followed the guide exactly, but when I get to Gecko and change the hook type to VBI, the game will not start. It just shows this: http://gyazo.com/5fe94bffedad354fcc61c6eb78535bd3 And it stays like that, no changes. But when I set the hook type to Default, it runs, but with major audio issues and lag. Any suggestions?

• Zach says:

What are your computer’s specs? Where did you get your ISO of Brawl? This sounds like an issue with the ISO itself…

107. Oliver says:

Don’t know if its me, but i only have alternative skins of characters? On youtube people have Ronald Mcdonald and stuff, if that is a different hack would someone point me in the right direction please? 🙂

• Zach says:

It’s not just you. You don’t get any very special costumes on the default installation of Project: M. Someone else might be able to point you in the right direction for custom skins.

108. Kebabman13 says:

Hey i’ve got the exact same problem so if you have the solution please tell me !

109. Lucas says:

Hello, I followed every step in this tutorial multiple times, and I’ve had many errors. I finally got close to getting it to work, when I got this error: http://i.gyazo.com/8ba77e112102ce3064bab54a7213b3e5.png
    Which after I clicked that, it popped up again, and when I finally got rid of it, this happened: http://i.gyazo.com/b0038b08540038f5e88111c4f5611ec8.png
    I don’t know whats wrong.
    Here’s my Documents/Dolphin Emulator/Wii folder: http://i.gyazo.com/ef6c8d1a125c4130b43c9c6461ccebaf.png
    Here’s my games I have on the emulator: http://i.gyazo.com/ca860e4425679662d763a6211b4915ca.png
    and here’s what’s inside sd.raw: http://i.gyazo.com/c6546c743cb0092a07c4deaee6c8c655.png
    I’d appreciate some help, thanks.

110. Max says:

Hey Zach, I am also getting the “No SD Codes Found” error. I have redone the steps 3 times now and made sure very carefully that everything is correct. Here are some imgur links with how things are set up. I have tried everything, please help 🙂

Album link: http://imgur.com/a/J9Phv

I have downloaded every resource from your guide and downloaded the exact same versions as you recommended. My brawl is NTSC and I have followed the steps carefully over and over again. I’m very frustrated and I hope you can see what I’ve done wrong. Thanks.

111. Illuminati says:

Project M works just fine, but is there a way for me to use my real wiimote and nunchuck with it? At this point it only accepts input from the GC emulated controller.

112. Space Bacon says:

Hey I followed everything to the T and it worked! so thank you for that! But one of my friends started up smash and not boot.elf and now project m will not run even if i open it with Gecko. Any idea how to fix this?

• Zach says:

Yay, I’m glad to hear that! But that’s really strange. I’ve never heard of that problem before. What happens when you run Gecko’s boot.elf and try to start P:M?

113. Kye of the Sea says:

This may have been answered already, but I didn’t think too fondly of the idea of browsing through 2 years of comments.

So, I followed the setup exactly, step by step, but I still cannot get PM to launch at all via this method. Whenever I run the game, I only end up getting Brawl, unmodified. The thing that I think is interesting is that when launching in Gecko, it lists the game’s code (RBSE01), and immediately after says “No codes found”. I gather that it can’t find the rbse01.gct file on the SD image. Or perhaps it’s not reading the image at all?

Any help would be appreciated, as I did follow the setup exactly. I tried this once before, too, a long time ago (it was still 3.02 at the time), and I had the same results: vanilla brawl, nothing else.

• Kye of the Sea says:

Note: I can run PM as an .iso for Netplay, but I would like to be able to run the mod without having to build an .iso for a couple of reasons: one, there are problems and limitations with the .iso version, namely with new game modes like the modified stamina mode and the All Star mode. Also, I would like to try out playing with other mods, like the various character mods you can find, and feel I’d be more successful at doing so running PM from a virtual SD card than modifying an .iso itself.

I say all this to point out the fact that my computer is highly capable of running P:M, and it is not an issue with my configuration or specs. And I’ve gone over the instructions multiple times, and I did NOT miss or skip anything. The only thing I’m not sure as to whether or not is correct is really the SD card’s file structure.

So please, no cookie cutter “I’m sorry that Project: M on Dolphin…” comment.

• Zach says:

Thanks for your comment. It’s very ironic that you ask me to give you a response that isn’t the copy-and-pasted cookie-cutter reply, but you don’t give me all of the information I ask for in that reply for me to help you. I do read and reply to all of the comments people leave here, but I can’t help everyone individually unless they give me some information I need. Could you please give me the following information?

• Which version of Dolphin are you using?
      • Are you using an NTSC or PAL version of SSBB?
      • For a bit more confirmation that you’ve done everything correctly, could you please send me a screenshot of your main Dolphin window including the title bar?
      • A screenshot of your sd.raw’s contents and location would be helpful as well.